A. WAIVER OF LIABILITY / ASSUMPTION OF RISK
A-MAZING ADVENTURES INC AND GYMNASTICS SASKATCHEWAN INFORMED CONSENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
** Please read carefully. By agreeing to this document, you will assume certain risks and responsibilities**
- This is a binding legal agreement. Clarify any questions or concerns before agreeing. As a participant in the sport of gymnastics and the spectating, orientation, instruction, activities, competitions, programs, and services of Gymnastics Saskatchewan or Gymnastics Canada and A-Mazing Adventures Inc (collectively the “Activities”), the undersigned, being the Participant and the Participant’s Parent/Guardian (collectively the “Parties”), acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document.
- Gymnastics Saskatchewan, Gymnastics Canada, A-Mazing Adventures Inc and their respective Directors, Officers, committee members, members, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, participants, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of the facilities in which the Activities take place, and representatives (collectively the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, property damage, death, expense, loss of income, damage or loss of any kind suffered by the Participant during, or as a result of, the Activities.
Description and Acknowledgement of Risks
- The Parties understand and acknowledge that:
- The Activities have foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life;
- The Organization may offer or promote online programming (such as webinars, remote conferences, workshops, and online training) which have different foreseeable and unforeseeable risks than in-person programming;
- The Organization has a difficult task to ensure safety and it is not infallible. the Organization may be unaware of the Participant’s fitness or abilities, may give incomplete warnings or instructions, may misjudge weather or environmental conditions, and the equipment being used might malfunction; and
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Organization cannot guarantee that the Participant will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, participating in the Activities could increase the Participant’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
- The Participant is participating voluntarily in the Activities. In consideration of that participation, the Parties hereby acknowledge that they are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards and may be exposed to such risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Contracting COVID-19 or any other contagious disease;
- The sport of gymnastics;
- Privacy breaches, hacking, technology malfunction or damage while interacting with online training;
- Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques;
- Dryland training including weights, running, bands, and massage;
- Vigorous physical exertion, strenuous cardiovascular workouts and rapid movements;
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups;
- Physical contact with other participants;
- Failure to act safely or within my own ability or designated areas;
- The failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Serious injury to virtually all bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons and other aspects of my body or to my general health and well-being;
- Abrasions, sprains, strains, fractures, or dislocations;
- Concussion or other head injuries, including but not limited to, closed head injury or blunt head trauma;
- Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
- Negligence of other persons, including other spectators or, participants, or employees; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the Activities.
- In consideration of the Organization allowing the Participant to participate in the Activities, the Parties agree:
- That when the Participant practices or trains in their own space, the Parties are responsible for the Participant’s surroundings and the location and equipment that is selected for the Participant;
- That the Participant’s mental and physical condition is appropriate to participate in the Activities and the Parties assume all risks related to the Participant’s mental and physical condition;
- To comply with the rules and regulations for participation in the Activities;
- To comply with the rules of the facility or equipment;
- That if the Participant observes an unusual significant hazard or risk, the Participant will remove themselves from participation and bring their observations to a representative of the Organization immediately;
- The risks associated with the Activities are increased when the Participant is impaired and the Participant will not participate if impaired in any way;
- That it is their sole responsibility to assess whether any Activities are too difficult for the Participant. By the Participant commencing an Activity, they acknowledge and accept the suitability and conditions of the Activity;
- That COVID-19 is contagious in nature and the Participant may be exposed to, or infected by, COVID-19 and such exposure may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, or death; and
- That they are responsible for the choice of the Participant’s safety or protective equipment and the secure fitting of that equipment.
- In consideration of the Organization allowing the Participant to participate, the Parties agree:
- That the Parties are not relying on any oral or written statements made by the Organization or their agents, whether in brochure or advertisement or in individual conversations, to agree to participate in the Activities;
- That the Organization is not responsible or liable for any damage to the Participant’s vehicle, property, or equipment that may occur as a result of the Activities; and
- That this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law of the Province of Saskatchewan and if any portion thereof is held invalid, the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
- The Parties agree that in the event that they file a lawsuit against the Organization, they agree to do so solely in the Province of Saskatchewan and they further agree that the substantive law of the Province of Saskatchewan will apply without regard to conflict of law rules.
- The Parties acknowledge that they have read this agreement and understand it, that they have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this Agreement is to be binding upon themselves, their heirs, their spouses, parents, guardians, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal or personal representatives.
B. PHOTO RELEASE AGREEMENT
I hereby authorize A-Mazing Adventures to publish photographs of myself and/or my minor child or children, and our names and likenesses, for use in A-Mazing Adventures print, online and video-based marketing materials, or any other publications. I hereby release and hold harmless A-Mazing Adventures from any reasonable expectation of privacy or confidentiality for myself and for my minor child or children. Further, I attest that I am the parent or legal guardian of my child or children and that I have full authority to consent and authorize A-Mazing Adventures to use their likenesses and names.
C. REGISTRATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- All registrations must be paid at the time of registration.
- 15% Discount available for families registering 3 or more children. Discount applied to 3rd registration and/or lesser of the 3. (Must be siblings). Discount is automatically applied during registration.
- Refunds are available if received within the first 2 weeks of classes. A $20.00 administration fee will be deducted along with the number of classes attended. During the third week of class, a credit will be issued for a cancelled registration. No credits/refunds issued after the 3rd week of classes.
- All NSF cheques will be charged $25.00.
- Minimum of 5 participants must be registered in order for a class to run.
- Amazing Adventures reserves the right to ask an athlete to leave a program should they be disrespectful to a coach or staff member.
- For all levels, if your child cannot work independently you may be asked to assist.
D. MEMBERSHIP & INSURANCE FEE
All participants will be charged a annual membership & insurance fee of $46.00 per child, Gymnastics Saskatchewan fee is $38, Gymnastics Canada fee is $8. The fee is valid during the September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023. The fee is only refundable if cancellation is received prior to the start date of the class. Depending on the which class you register for, this membership & insurance fee is paid to: Gymnastics Saskatchewan / Gymnastics Canada.
Personal information may be disclosed to Gymnastics Saskatchewan, Gymnastics Canada.